Thursday, 17 January 2013

Chamomile Tea Facial Cleanser






I was rummaging in a second-hand bookshop in Charing Cross Road, London, when I found what I didn't know I was looking for: a ladies' beauty book almost a century old. I expected to find outdated advice about skincare, but instead pages after pages of healthy and fascinating tips unfolded on my lap.
Chamomile is an antiseptic and a soother when used on the skin. Tea made with its buds makes a gentle cleanser, which, to my surprise, removes cheek blush  and lipstick efficiently. I adore the soothing effect of the cleanser especially now in the winter when the wind is blowing and the rain is pouring down. 
The beauty book advised to use the cleanser also in the summer when the sun damages the skin.
Olive and sesame oil make a gentle eye-makeup remover.

Chamomile Tea Facial Cleanser
- brew 1/2 cup of chamomile tea, medium strong
- use loose buds if possible
- clean the face and neck with a piece of cotton wool or soft tissue in the mornings and in the evenings
- keeps 4-5 days


No comments: